New York City FC Head Coach Patrick Vieira has made two changes to his team for the Regular Season finale at Citi Field.
Tommy McNamara and Andraz Struna make way for the visit of Columbus Crew SC for a game which will determine the MLS Playoffs bracket.
A win will put the Boys in Blue straight through to the Eastern Conference semifinals, while a tie may be enough if results elsewhere go NYC’s way on Decision Day.
NYCFC XI: Johnson, White, Brillant, Callens, Sweat, Ring, Herrera, Moralez, Harrison, Wallace, Villa (C)
NYCFC Subs*: Johansen, Struna, Awuah, Matarrita, Pirlo, McNamara, Lewis, Shelton
* Two players to be omitted from final 18
- NYCFC have won two straight games against Crew SC after going winless in their first four MLS matches against Columbus (2L-2D). There has been an average of 4.7 goals scored in the six league games between the two sides.
- City have only won once in their last six league matches (3D-2L) and have scored only five goals in the six matches, never scoring more than a single goal in a game along the run.
- Crew SC are unbeaten in nine consecutive MLS games (6W-3D), and average 1.9 goals per game across the nine games.
- Alexander Ring leads MLS with 113 tackles this year. He is one of just three players with more than 100 tackles in the 2017 regular season.
- Justin Meram leads MLS in dribbles attempted (181) and dribbles completed (78) this season.
- Columbus has conceded only one goal from outside the box this season, the fewest of any team in the league.
- NYCFC have conceded six goals in the last 15 minutes of matches this season, tied for the fewest in the league. Columbus have scored eight goals in the last 15 minutes of games this year, tied for the fourth fewest in the league.
- City’s loss last weekend was just the second time they’ve lost with Yangel Herrera in the lineup, in 13 games (9W-2D). They average 2.2 points per game when he starts and 1.4 when he does not (7W-7L-6D).
- Alexander Callens is the only field player in the league who has played every minute so far this year.
- Federico Higuain now has assists in three consecutive games and seven in his last six league appearances.