Head Coach Patrick Vieira has made four changes to his XI for NYCFC’s clash with FC Dallas.
Sebastien Ibeagha, Ben Sweat, Yangel Herrera and Jesus Medina all return to the team in place of Maxime Chanot, Ronald Matarrita, Ebenezer Ofori and Rodney Wallace.
Chanot misses out on the 18 entirely due to a personal matter.
Elsewhere, Jo Inge Berget, Medina and David Villa lead the line for the Boys in Blue ahead of Herrera, Alex Ring and Maxi Moralez, while Anton TInnerholm, Ibeagha, Alexander Callens, Sweat and Sean Johnson will be charged with keeping out an undefeated FC Dallas.
On the bench, Tommy McNamara, Jonathan Lewis and Wallace provide the firepower should Vieira need it over the course of the 90’.
You can watch the game live on YES Network or listen live on NYCFC.com/Radio.
NYCFC XI: Johnson, Sweat, Callens, Ibeagha, Tinnerholm, Ring, Herrera, Moralez, Berget, Medina, Villa (C)
Subs: Stuver, Hountondji, Abdul-Salaam, Ofori, McNamara, Lewis, Wallace
- New York City FC is looking for their first victory against FC Dallas. The Toros are 1W-2D in their first three games against the Cityzens.
- NYCFC saw their eight-game unbeaten run in league play snapped last weekend in Portland. They are now looking to avoid losing consecutive MLS matches for the first time in more than two years – the last time it happened was April 16-23, 2016.
- FC Dallas is unbeaten in their last seven league games, outscoring foes 14-4. They have kept three clean sheets during their streak, as many as they had in their previous 21 matches.
- The Cityzens’ loss last weekend snapped a seven-game unbeaten run to start the season. The club has not lost consecutive league games since a three-game losing streak to end the 2015 season (a span of 76 games).
- New York City FC is one of two active MLS clubs that FC Dallas manager Óscar Pareja has yet to lose against, along with Orlando City. Pareja is 1W-2D in three prior games against them.
- Maxime Chanot has 28 headed clearances this season, the most of any player. Additionally, his 41 total clearances this season are the fifth most in the league.
- Reggie Cannon has won 69.0% of his duels this season. Among players with at least 50 duels, only New York City’s Chanot has a higher percentage (71.2%).
- FC Dallas is one of just two MLS clubs that David Villa has mot tallied a goal or assist against (Colorado Rapids).
- Maxi Urruti has tallied three goals+assists in two prior games against NYCFC, tied for his second-highest goals+assists total against any MLS club.
- Yangel Herrera has won 86 duels this season, one with three players with 70+ duels won and nine more than any other player.