1. It's the first MLS regular season edition of the New York Derby of 2017. This is the most heated rivalry in MLS and nearly a year has passed since the last matchup. Strap yourself in.
2. David Villa just notched the 50th and 51st goals of his NYCFC career, and numbers nine and 10 on the season. There's simply no slowing this man down and he'll be out for blood once again on the other side of the Hudson.
3. A win this weekend will put NYCFC at 30 points on the season, a full seven points above the Red Bulls. It took until July 17th for the Blues to break the 30 point mark in 2016.
4. This is the perfect opportunity for NYCFC to bounce back from an unlucky 1-0 defeat at Red Bull Arena in US Open Cup play on June 14th. With just 10 days between the two matches, the squad will have a chance level the season series between the two sides.
5. With a match under his belt since returning from an injury suffered during the international break, Maxime Chanot will be anchoring the back line this time around. Expect a strong match from the man who has helped lead NYCFC to the third-best goal differential in the league.
6. Will Parchman just took to MLSsoccer.com to wax poetic about what makes David Villa Major League Soccer's greatest ever. You might as well tune in to judge for yourself.
7. Midfield maestro Maxi Moralez has seven assists on the year. David Villa has notched six. Jack Harrison has tallied four. The boys are good at sharing, and with the second-most goals scored in MLS, there's plenty of sharing to do this year.
8. This match will feature 2016's MLS Golden Boot winner, Bradley Wright-Phillips, and runner-up David Villa. Just one goal separated the two players last season, and both are heating up again this year.
9. NYCFC could earn their first-ever victory at Red Bull Arena. This weekend could very well be history in the making, and it's not the kind you want to miss.