NYCFC meet Philadelphia Union for the second and final time this season, this time at Yankee Stadium.
What has changed since the last time these two teams met?
- New York FC has won three of the last four games against Philadelphia. There has been an average of 2.8 goals scored per match in the six previous meetings between the two clubs.
- The Union have scored one-or-fewer goals in five of their six away games this season (1W-3l-2D).
- Alexander Ring has a league-high 39 tackles this season. Only six other MLS players have won 30+ tackles.
- The Union have scored seven headed goals this season, tied with Toronto for the most in MLS.
- Philadelphia keeper Andre Blake has kept three clean sheets since the start of May. No other goalkeeper in MLS has more than two over that time.
- David Villa of NYCFC has attempted 20 shots from outside the box (inc. blocks, tied for the fifth- most in MLS.
- Philadelphia’s Chris Pontius (8) and New York’s Maxi Morález (6) finished first and tied for second, respectively, in assists in the month of May.
Jack Harrison's 51st-minute goal from a Ronald Matarrita assist and one of the best goals MLS has ever seen from David Villa gave New York City FC their first away win of the 2017 MLS Regular Season at Philadelphia Union's Talen Energy Stadium.
The Last Game
Philadelphia Union fell to Real Salt Lake 1-0 on Saturday night snapping their four-match winning streak.