Because usually, we’d be saying “We Meet Again”…
Our first-ever showdown with Atlanta United is almost here, so let’s take a look at how The Five Stripes are taking to life in MLS…
- NYCFC’s 2-1 loss to Orlando City on April 23 snapped an 11-game home unbeaten streak (9W- 2D). They only kept three clean sheets on that 11-game run.
- Atlanta’s 3-1 loss to D.C. United last weekend was the first time in franchise MLS history they conceded more than two goals in a game.
- Atlanta has conceded two own goals so far this year. Only four other teams have even conceded one own goal, and no other team has conceded multiple own goals so far in MLS 2017.
- NYCFC have conceded all nine of their goals so far this season from inside the box. Last season, 54 of the 64 goals they conceded (84%, third-highest in MLS) came from inside the box.
- Atlanta is one of three teams in the league that has yet to concede a goal in the opening 15 minutes of play so far this season (Philadelphia and Sporting are the other two).
- NYCFC’s David Villa is tied for the second-most shots (ex. blocks) this season with 25. Only nine players this season have more than 20 entering this weekend.
- Atlanta United midfielders Yamil Asad and Miguel Almirón are each tied for third in the league with three big chances created this season. Atlanta is one of two teams with at least two players that have created three or more big chances (Columbus Crew SC).
- Atlanta has only created 2 chances from set plays this season, the fewest in MLS.
- NYCFC has 79 chances created this season (inc. assists), tied for the sixth-most in the league.
- Atlanta United forward Hector Villalba is tied for 9th this season in shot conversion rate (inc. blocks) with 19.1% (min. 20 total shots inc. blocks).
The Last Time
Atlanta slipped to a 3-1 defeat to DC United in Georgia last time out.
Atlanta may have gone down to defeat against DC United last time out but they’ve enjoyed a very positive start to life in MLS.
Martino’s men lie two points behind NYCFC in sixth place with a 3-3-2 record through eight games.
As a special offer for our fans, buy the Family 4-Pack and receive the following:
- 1 t-shirt for Mom
- 4 tickets to the May 7th match against Atlanta United FC
- 4 concession vouchers
- a growth chart for the first 5,000 kids
Don't miss out on Family Day! Purchase your single match tickets by clicking on the image below.