NYCFC are making the trip to Ohio to take on Columbus Crew for the first time this season.
Let's find out some of the key numbers, find out what's changed at Columbus Crew since our last visit and discover how they've been performing so far in 2017...
- This will be the sixth meeting between the two teams. Columbus won the most recent game 4-1 in October, 2016 but it was their first win in the series (2L-2D). There has been an average of 4.6 goals in the five previous regular season games between the teams.
- Columbus is unbeaten in their last six home games (5W-1D). They have outscored their opponents 13-4 on this stretch.
- NYCFC’s 2-0 away win over Philadelphia on April 14th snapped a three-game road losing streak in league play. It was only their second road clean sheet in their last eight away games, and those are the only two games they have won in that stretch (5L-1D).
- NYCFC averages 5.6 shots on target per game this year, the most in the league. Houston is the only other team averaging five or more shots on target.
- Wil Trapp has completed 5,683 passes since making his MLS debut, the fifth most of any player in the league in that timespan.
- Zack Steffen had five saves against the Red Bulls last weekend, which is his MLS career high.
- David Villa has now scored in three consecutive MLS games. It is the fourth time in his NYCFC career that he has scored in three consecutive games. He has scored in four consecutive games once.
- NYCFC’s 78.4% passing accuracy against Orlando was their lowest of the 2017 season.
- NYCFC (448.9) and Columbus (420.5) rank first and second in the league in average passes completed per game.
- In 193 minutes with Tommy McNamara on the pitch, NYCFC concede an average of 1.4 goals per 90. In 470 minutes without McNamara on the field, that number falls to 0.8.
The Last Time
Jack Harrison and Khiry Shelton scored two minutes apart late in the second half to lift NYCFC to a 4-1 win over Columbus Crew on October 23, 2016. The win in the regular season finale clinched second place in the Eastern Conference which gave NYCFC a bye into the semifinals.
The Last Game
Columbus Crew fell on the road to the Red Bulls 2-0 on Saturday in Harrison, NJ.
Columbus Crew are 3W-2L-0D for 2017 and are unbeaten in their last six home games.