New York City FC returns to action on Sunday evening when New England Revolution are the visitors.
With just ten games remaining, the MLS Playoffs race is really heating up! Here’s nine reasons why you should join us in the Bronx…
- This is a fixture that always evokes special memories as it’s a repeat of our Historic Home Opener back in our Inaugural Season. That 2-0 win was our last home victory over New England Revolution – a fact Patrick Vieira and the team will want to change on Sunday.
- NYCFC are unbeaten in eight games at Yankee Stadium – a run which stretches back to April 23.
- Vieira’s men are up to second place in the Eastern Conference and in the Supporters’ Shield race, just four points behind Toronto who have a tricky road trip to Chicago to negotiate on Saturday. Could the gap be down to one point by the end of MLS Week 23?
- David Villa is the leading goalscorer in MLS with 18 goals for season, two clear of nearest rival Nemanja Nikolic and just nine shy of the all-time Regular Season record jointly held by Roy Lassiter, Chris Wondolowski and Bradley Wright-Phillips.
- New England scored late to hold NYCFC to a tie in the last meeting between these teams in May – it was a bitter blow at the time and the Boys in Blue will be eager to take a measure of revenge.
- Don’t be fooled by New England’s 10th place in the standings, Jay Heaps’ side are in good form with three wins in their last four games and have a game in hand on those above them. We should be in for a hotly-contested game between two teams riding waves of momentum.
- This is NYCFC’s last game before the final Hudson River Derby of the season, so you can play your part in sending our boys into that rivalry game at Red Bull Arena with the feel good factor intact.
- Our last two home games have been right up there as two of the most dramatic, entertaining home games in our young history – the gutsy ten-man 2-1 win over Chicago and the rollercoaster ride against Red Bulls were edge of the seat, thrilling matches. Don’t miss another classic!
- There are only five home games of the Regular Season remaining… just five more opportunities to get together with friends, family and your fellow fans in the Bronx before the post-season. Get your tickets below!