NYCFC Youth Programs Covid-19 Operations & Safety Protocols Overview
Please view the NYCFC COVID-19 Camp Guidelines below:
Pre-Training Arrival (Home Check): Prior to arrival, all parents or guardians of participants are required to do a self-health screening of each participating player, along with a digital health screenings form provided by New York City Football Club. The digital health screening MUST be submitted prior to the participant’s arrival at the NYCFC run event.
Players will be prohibited from attending training if within the fourteen (14) day period immediately preceding the NYCFC-run event (i) the player has experienced any of the symptoms listed below; or (ii) the player have come in contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 based on CDC standards. Parent should notify the NYCFC Administrator should their child have come in contact with a person who has tested positive or be exhibiting one of the following symptoms:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- Loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- Players are responsible for their own personal hygiene equipment (i.e. face-covering, hand sanitizer, towel, and water bottles). All items should be clearly labeled with the participant’s name. No sharing of personal hygiene equipment is permitted.
Players must bring their own water and/or water bottles. NYCFC recommends players bring 32oz of water along with a 16oz electrolyte-based drink.
Players must also bring their own packed lunch each day. NYCFC camps are nut-free, any items that contain nut products are prohibited from camp.
All players attending an NYCFC-run event shall arrive with one (1) parent or guardian. Players will check-in once it is verified that the player has provided a completed health questionnaire.
Players will then be directed to their designated spot to place their belongings.
Unless otherwise directed by NYCFC, ALL players and parents/guardians wear a face covering upon entry and exit of the facility. Player’s can remove mask once directed to; parents will be instructed to leave the facility to reduce number of people on-site.
Health Screening Questionnaire
- Have you knowingly been in contact in the past 14 days for with someone who has tested positive through a diagnostic test for COVID-19?
- Have you experienced any symptom of COVID-19, including a fever of over 100.4 F or have tested positive in the past 14 days
- Are you awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test?
- Have you had a documented elevated temperature (>38° C or 100.4° F) in the last 72 hours?
Throughout training, coaches and players will adhere to social distancing protocols whenever possible.
Although 100% of NYCFC Youth Program Coaches & Staff are fully vaccinated or medically exempt, Coaches will wear face coverings in any indoor settings.
Players must wear a mask at all times, except during physical activity. It is, however, strongly recommended that players wear a mask during physical activity.
- In some instances, based on facility-specific guidelines and protocols, masks will be required.
- You will be notified of facility guidelines and protocols prior to the beginning of each program.
Movement of players between groups will be limited and only occur on a case-by-case basis
Training curriculum will be designed by NYCFC around activities and small-sided games in accordance with internal NYCFC & City Football Group Play Model. If players are not comfortable competing in any activities due to players’ inability to social distance while participating, they are welcome to refrain from participating in the activity.
Players will depart with an authorized parent or guardian, unless preauthorization has been given by a parent/guardian for a player to depart with a different individual. Players are recommended not to carpool.
During Snack & Lunch:
During specified times where players are seated to eat & drink, players will sit socially distanced from each other. If a player leaves their seating area or has finished, they will be asked to put their mask back on for the remainder of the time.
Sharing food & drinks is strictly prohibited at all NYCFC programs
For Parents & Guardians:
All parents/guardians follow all safety protocols and procedures and are required to wear masks at all times in an indoor setting.
In some instances, based on facility specific guidelines and protocols parents/guardians may also be required to provide proof of vaccination. You will be notified of facility guidelines and protocols prior to the beginning of each program.
In the event of a Close Contact of a Positive COVID case
Participants who have been deemed as a close contact (per the CDC definition, within 6 feet of someone who tests positive for COVID for a cumulative total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period) are required to quarantine per local and NYCFC guidelines. NYCFC guidelines for close contacts are as follows:
- Participants who are vaccinated will be required to quarantine from all NYCFC programming for a period of 5 days. We encourage a COVID test should participant experience any symptoms or five days post-exposure if there are no symptoms present.
- Participants who are unvaccinated will be required to quarantine for a period of 10 days from all NYCFC programming. We encourage a COVID test should participant experience any symptoms or five days post-exposure if there are no symptoms present.
In the event of a Positive COVID case
It is important that we are informed immediately if participant has a COVID positive test. Please inform Kevin Dorn, Senior Manager, Youth Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the event of a Positive COVID case in an NYCFC program, contact tracing will immediately take place and any member who is an identified close contact per CDC’s definition will be notified.
Any participant who has tested positive for COVID must follow local guidelines on isolating. Before returning to any NYCFC activity, individuals who test positive for COVID-19 must isolate and stay home until it’s safe for them to be around others. You can be around others and return to NYCFC activities after:
- 10 days since symptoms first appeared or individual received a positive test and
- 24 hours with no fever without the use of fever-reducing medications and
- Other symptoms of COVID-19 are improving*
*Loss of taste and smell may persist for weeks or months after recovery and need not delay the end of isolation
Note that these recommendations do not apply to people with severe COVID-19 or with weakened immune systems (immunocompromised).
In the event any camp or program must be canceled due to any COVID related reasons, all players will be issued a full refund or site credit.