NYCFC is fully committed to ensuring a safe and positive environment for children and other vulnerable people that are taking part in our activities. We take safeguarding and child protection responsibilities very seriously and this means we are wholly committed to:
- listening to children and parents and promoting their right to be and feel safe;
- putting children, their needs and their safety and welfare first;
- getting the right people involved through safe recruitment and training;
- creating a safe environment for all participants, visitors and staff; and,
- having and promoting clear systems to deal with any issues or concerns
Reporting a Concern
If you have an immediate concern regarding the imminent risk of harm to a child or vulnerable adult, please contact 911.
For child protection resources and referrals 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in the United States or Canada, contact nonprofit organization Childhelp National Child Abuse Hotline at 1-800-4-A-CHILD.
If you have a concern about the welfare of a child or the behavior of any adult towards a child or vulnerable adult within any NYCFC activity, contact our dedicated Safeguarding Manager Heather Walczuk at firstname.lastname@example.org.