New York City FC is back in the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup and will host North Carolina FC at St. John’s University in the Fourth Round this Wednesday. Here’s everything you need to know…
Match: NYCFC vs North Carolina FC
Competition: Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup, Fourth Round
Date and Time: Wednesday, June 12 at 7:00pm ET
Stadium: Belson Stadium at St. John's University
Last 3 U.S. Open Cup Matches:
June 6, 2018: Red Bulls 4-0 NYCFC
June 14, 2017: Red Bulls 1-0 NYCFC
June 15, 2016: NYCFC 0-1 New York Cosmos B
North Carolina FC
May 29, 2019: North Carolina FC 1-0 Florida Soccer Soldiers
May 15, 2019: North Carolina FC 4-1 Richmond Kickers
June 5, 2018: DC United 1-1 North Carolina FC
Things to Note
- Gates open at 6:00 PM.
- Parking is complimentary at Belson Stadium
- No alcoholic beverages are permitted inside Belson Stadium
- Cash only: Only cash will be accepted at concessions inside Belson Stadium. ATMs are located on the corner of Union Turnpike and Utopia Parkway.
- There are no ATMs in Belson Stadium.
- There will be no re-entry.
About the U.S. Open Cup
The Open Cup is a single-elimination knockout tournament opened to teams across the American Soccer Pyramid, and one of the oldest existent soccer tournaments in the world, having first been contested in 1914.
The First Round featured 38 amateur and USL League One teams from across the United States, with 25 US-based USL Championship teams entering in the Second Round. The 11 teams that remain after the Third Round are now joined by the 21 US-based MLS teams in the Fourth Round, which opens on June 11.