Fan Appreciation Day on the way and the Boys in Blue are ready to play.
Jo Inge Berget and Maxi Moralez have been removed from the injury report for the final game of the 2018 MLS Regular Season and will be raring to go back in the Bronx vs. the Philadelphia Union on Sunday.
Dome will have a full midfield compliment as well, with only Ismael Tajouri-Shradi being added to the report under “QUESTIONABLE” for an ankle injury.
- OUT - Cedric Hountondji (Hamstring)
- QUESTIONABLE: Ismael Tajouri-Shradi (ankle)
- OUT: M - David Accam (sports hernia surgery 10/9, out 8 weeks) - READ
- QUESTIONABLE: M - Fabian Herbers (left hip strain)
* Per MLSSoccer.com/Injuries
- NYCFC and Philadelphia have met eight times previously, with the Cityzens winning four times (3L-1D). Each team has been held scoreless just once in this series.
- New York City has just one win in their last nine MLS matches (5L-3D), averaging just 0.9 goals per game. They had averaged 2.0 goals in the nine games prior.
- The Union’s 1-0 loss to the New York Red Bulls last week snapped a four-game unbeaten run (3W-1D). In the five games since a 4-1 loss to Montreal on Sept. 15th, they have conceded just two goals.
- Philadelphia have only conceded three goals in the opening 15 minutes of matches, tied for the fewest of any team. NYCFC have only scored five goals in the opening 15 minutes of matches, tied for the fifth lowest of any team.
- As a team, NYCFC has scored 31 left-footed goals this season, two more than any other MLS club has in a single season since 2010.
- The Union had 66% possession against the Red Bulls last weekend, just the sixth time in franchise history that they have had more than 65% possession in a single match.
- David Villa had seven shots and three key passes against D.C. United last weekend, the fifth time he has registered 7+ shots and 3+ key passes in the same game. Only one other NYCFC player has done so in a match once (Maxi Moralez against Columbus in July).
- Jim Curtin has lost four of his eight league meetings against New York City FC, tied for his fourth-most losses against any MLS club.
- Alexander Callens has completed 1,748 passes so far this year, the second most of any defender in the league.
- Ilsinho scored against NYCFC in the 2-0 game on August 18th, one of two goals he has in his last six league appearances, after scoring just 12 goals in his first 68 MLS appearances.