NYCFC takes on Houston this weekend for just the third time in club history. This one will be extra special, taking place at Pratt & Whitney Stadium in East Hartford, CT.
- David Villa returned to action from injury last weekend against the Colorado Rapids. He'll be in contention for a starting spot this weekend, too...
- That's important, because he's the current MLS Golden Boot leader.
- Houston comes into this match on the back of two straight defeats, and with just one win in their last six matches.
- Houston's leading scorer, Cubo Torres, clocks in with 14 goals on the season.
- Last time these two teams faced off, David Villa scored a brace in the second half.
- Frederic Brillant led NYCFC's defensive efforts last weekend with five clearances and three recoveries.
- Houston concedes an average of 1.8 goals per game on the road.
- The Dynamo have scored just 50% of their 46 goals from open play situations this season. NYCFC have scored 78% of their 50 goals from open play.
The Last Time
When NYCFC faced off against Houston last September, the match ended 2-0 in favor of City.
The Last Match
The Houston Dynamo fell short in a 1-0 loss to the San Jose Earthquakes.
The Dynamo have hit a rough patch recently, winning just once in their last six matches and dropping just below the playoff line in the Western Conference. They currently sit on 38 points, even with sixth-place Real Salt Lake.