New York City FC takes on the Portland Timbers for their second match in four days at Yankee Stadium, after picking up a big three points against Sporting KC on a soggy Wednesday night.
Here are nine reasons you need to be at this weekend's match:
- Tick tock... There are only seven matches left this season, and only two more at Yankee Stadium. What are you waiting for?!
- It's going to be beautiful outside. Unlike Wednesday night's match, there will be no rain on Saturday, just some perfect, sunny soccer weather.
- This is your last chance to see NYCFC take on a Western Conference contender at Yankee Stadium. Come see City face off against the likes of Darlington Nagbe and Diego Valeri as we continue our Supporters' Shield hunt.
- Our young guns keep firing! Jonathan Lewis and Jack Harrison put in huge performances once again Wednesday night, with Jack bagging the game-winner for his ninth goal of the season.
- Portland sits in second place in the Western Conference standings, but they've won just three road games all year. NYCFC has lost just once at home, and are unbeaten in their last ten at Yankee Stadium.
- When Portland is on the road, they concede two goals on average. With City's firepower and a home field advantage, there could be plenty of scoring going on.
- Reinforcements! Rodney Wallace is back from yellow card suspension, while Yangel Herrera is back from international duty with Venezuela. Alexander Ring and David Villa could be making their returns as well...
- Along with our returners, Saturday night could be the debut of our newest signing, Slovenian international defender Andraz Struna!
- It's Hispanic Heritage Night! Join NYCFC in celebrating the amazing Hispanic community of New York City right here at Yankee Stadium!