On Wednesday, NYCFC will welcome Toronto FC to Yankee Stadium for the first time this season. This matchup has seen its fair share of fireworks in the past, and who could say no to some more of that after a long international break?
- Toronto FC have never beaten NYCFC in a regular season match in five attempts.
- TFC will be without two of their three biggest stars in Michael Bradley and Jozy Altidore, who were just called into Bruce Arena's USA Gold Cup squad.
- NYCFC leads the all-time series between these teams with two wins in five matches. The rest have been draws.
- Toronto FC currently sits tied for first place in the Eastern Conference on 38 points, just five above NYCFC.
- TFC's Victor Vazquez has the most assists in MLS, and NYCFC's David Villa has the second most goals. Prepare for some wild action.
- Toronto have the league's best road record (4-3-3), but NYCFC have just one home loss all season. Strength against strength coming up at Yankee Stadium...
The Last Time
NYCFC and Toronto FC played to a 1-1 draw at BMO Field. Kwadwo Poku scored NYCFC's lone goal, and it was nice as heck.
Toronto notched a 3-1 victory on the road against Orlando City SC in their last match before the international break.
Toronto FC have won three of their last four coming into Wednesday's match, with the lone loss coming on the road at FC Dallas, where they were beaten 3-1.