Howdy everybody and welcome back to NYCFC soccer week! We're within five days of the first NYCFC game since July 5th, and goodness, does that feel good.
Anyway, here are some reasons you should be at Yankee Stadium on July 19th, when NYCFC takes on league-leading Toronto FC.
- YOU NEED THIS. Don't lie to yourself, it's been way too long since you last scream-sung chants in the direction of professional soccer players. Remember the last beautiful summer night at Yankee Stadium? It was all the way back on June 29th and you miss that feeling, darn it!
- You miss it because it felt good as heck! NYCFC beat Minnesota United 3-1 and David Villa scored an absolutely killer goal. He's hungry for more, and you should be, too!
- This match is a big deal! Toronto is at the top of the Eastern Conference and the Supporters' Shield race with 38 points. NYCFC are in third place with 33 points. If they win this match, they'll be two points off the lead going into the most important stretch of the season. That's pretty cool.
- It's going to be beautiful outside. Mostly sunny skies, mild temperatures, and some picturesque sunset soccer await you at beautiful Yankee Stadium on July 19th. Can't beat it.
- NYCFC has only lost once at home this season. Toronto has only won twice on the road. The odds are in our favor.
- You think you're hungry for soccer? Well, you're probably correct and that's awesome. Know who else is hungry? The players! Be prepared for fast, high-energy soccer, folks.
- David Villa and Jack Harrison have already combined for 20 goals this season. A brace from Jack would put him in double digits this season. That's pretty wild, and you'll want to see that.
- We don't know if we need to remind you, but... this happened when NYCFC and Toronto faced off at Yankee Stadium this one time...
- You can check out the all new #NYCFCxTR Capsule Collection by Mitchell & Ness at Yankee Stadium, and maybe even cop some new gear, if you want. It's the absolute freshest soccer gear in MLS, guaranteed.