1. New York is Blue... and for the first time ever, New Jersey is, too. What better way to celebrate then welcoming the boys back to Yankee Stadium when the Loons come to town?
2. Ben Sweat snagged his first-ever MLS goal in the Hudson River Derby, and he's been in great form. Could he open the floodgates and notch career goal #2 on Thursday? You bet he could!
3. With a win this Thursday, NYCFC could extend their winning streak to 4, equaling their longest in club history.
4. This is the first-ever time NYCFC will play against Minnesota United, who just came into MLS this year, and the only time the two sides will square off this season.
5. After getting off to a dismal start, the Loons are just four points out of a playoff spot in the Western Conference...
6. ... But even though they're making progress, the league newcomers have yet to win a match on the road.
7. Minnesota has given up the most goals in MLS this season. NYCFC have scored the second-most. Coupled with the Loons' poor road form, that could be a recipe for a goal fest in the Bronx.
8. This is the last match at Yankee Stadium until after the Gold Cup international break, which means no more NYCFC home games until July 19th. Be there or be square.
9. During the last round of CONCACAF World Cup Qualifying matches, Minnesota's Kevin Molino scored on Real Madrid's goalkeeper. This young club has some exciting players... almost as many as we do. 😉