1. This will be the sixth meeting between the two teams.
2. NYCFC have won once, drawn twice, and lost twice against Columbus Crew.
3. In the last meeting between the two teams, NYCFC won 4-1 in the Regular Season finale to clinch second place in the Eastern Conference.
4. NYCFC have scored 12 goals overall against Columbus Crew
5. There has been an average of 4.6 goals in the five previous Regular Season games between the teams.
6. NYCFC averages 5.6 shots on target per game this year, the most in the league.
7. NYCFC are looking to string together back-to-back MLS road wins.
8. David Villa has now scored in three consecutive MLS games and is looking to make it a fourth.
9. NYCFC are looking to break Columbus Crew's streak of six unbeaten home games.