Work will commence on our new, permanent training facility, the City Football Academy, in Orangeburg in the fall.
Here’s everything you need to know about our new home in Rockland County, at a glance…
- Our new City Football Academy training facility is located on the former STEJ site on Old Orangeburg Road, Orangeburg, Rockland County, New York State.
- Construction commences in Fall 2016 with the team due to begin training at the facility in early 2018.
- Orangeburg has a population of 4,568 and lies 19 miles north of New York City.
- NYCFC midfielder Tommy McNamara descends from Rockland, the county which Orangeburg sits in. McNamara grew up a mile down the road from the new facility.
- The 25,000 square foot building will consist of a one and a half regulation-sized grass field, team offices, space for player rehabilitation and welfare, amongst other amenities.
- Rafael Viñoly, the architect responsible for Manchester City FC and Melbourne City FC’s City Football Academy facilities, led on the design which shares number of features to our sister clubs’ homes, most notably the circular dressing room.
- Approval for building on the site, which has been vacant and unused for more than a decade, was given in July 2016 by the Orangeburg Planning Board.
- In line with NYCFC’s community approach, the Club will make a donation for program and facility improvements to youth affiliate World Class FC (OMM Soccer), based in Orangeburg.