If you love this city, you’ll love this City…
When Sunday arrives, it will have been a long 126 days since we were all together inside Yankee Stadium… yes, we’re finally returning to the Bronx!
It’s been a busy offseason, both on and off the field, and there have been a number of changes to be aware before our Home Opener versus DC United.
Let’s run through what’s new for 2017…
Whether we’re home or on the road, we don’t want you to miss a single kick of NYCFC action, so we’ve teamed up with TV and radio broadcasters to make sure that we’re live on your screens and airwaves in 2017…
- TV: YES is the exclusive regional TV home of NYCFC. YES will televise 21 NYCFC matches (including two preseason games), all of which will also be streamed live via the FOX Sports GO app to authenticated YES viewers whose operators have streaming deals with YES. 18 of these 21 matches will air live; the remaining three on delay. NYCFC will also have 15 of its regular season matches aired on national broadcast. All matches broadcast on YES Network will also be available in the Spanish language via the SAP button, with the remaining games live nationally on Univision. Read more here.
- Radio (English): WFAN continues to be the English language home of NYCFC and Glenn Crooks begins his third season as play-by-play announcer with NYCFC, while Tom Kolker returns for his second campaign in 2017. Dr. David Masur and Matt Lawrence are new names to the team and you can read bios on all of them here.
- Radio (Spanish): Roberto Abramowitz returns for the new year and is joined by new co-host Ariel Judas as both lend their vocal stylings to all NYCFC games in the Spanish language. Read bios for both here.
Because it’s the people that make this City… there is a new ticket trade-in program for 2017 and will help us to create an even better atmosphere in our third season…
- Ticket Trade-in Program: To help make sure tickets don’t go unused, Members can now trade-in tickets from matches they cannot attend for additional tickets to future matches. They can use these extra tickets to bring out friends, family and coworkers to Yankee Stadium so they can enjoy some exciting soccer. Find out more here.
- New and Improved Cityzens Rewards Program: City members are able to vote on Club decisions and have access to unique money-can't-buy experiences, match worn memorabilia, grand prize sweepstakes, discounts, and more. Become a City Member today to unlock the Cityzens Portal!
- Improved Cityzens Portal: Our new-look Cityzens Portal has been redesigned and is now fully mobile-functional, meaning it’s easier than ever to gain access to exclusive rewards! Check it out here.
Our home is better than ever before! There have been a number of enhancements made to Yankee Stadium in the offseason with new areas including…
- The Legends Walk: Beginning April 1st, The Legends Walk will take place within Legends 000 (lower level) and provide a limited number of guests the opportunity to cheer on the team as they come off the field following warmups. The first 60 Legends ticket holders to enter the Stadium and check-in at the reception desk within the Suite Entrance Lobby will have the ability to see their favorite NYCFC players up close as they head to the locker room to make their final pre-match preparations.
- Masterpass Batter’s Eye Deck: The Masterpass Batter's Eye Deck is an outdoor gathering space in above Monument Park with clear full views of the pitch. Drink rails, craft beers, cocktails and unique food offerings make it an ideal space for socializing while watching the match and it’s open to everyone in the stadium who desires a change of scene from time to time!
- Frank’s Redhot Terrace and Toyota Terrace: The new Frank's RedHot Terrace and Toyota Terrace are two open-air areas designed to encourage socializing among Guests while providing them a view of the match from the either side of Monument Park. A full bar features signature cocktails, craft beers and food offerings. Drink-rail locations at the landings, while are also open to all fans, will have power/USB outlets.
- Capacity: Standard capacity at Yankee Stadium for the 2017 season will be 28,743.
Be part of this City! Our Digital team will be across every area of the club in 2017, bringing you behind-the-scenes access to the squad and a whole host of exciting new written, photographic and video features, showcasing the best of NYCFC on and off the field.
- Video: From Pie in the Face with Pirlo to Building the Ultimate Soccer Player, plus returning favorites like Inside Training and Behind the Scenes, we’ve got some great video strands coming your way in 2017 on YouTube and right here on NYCFC.com.
- Stories: We’ve got more previews and analysis on the website than ever before, keeping you up to speed with the team throughout every match week. In addition, we’ve unveiled new regular written series like My Favorite Player, Trending, Five Things, Major Keys and many, many more.
- Social Media: Get all the latest news first across our social media channels – find out where we are and what you can expect to see right here.
We come in every color, bound by blue…
From the new home kit to a whole array of fresh official merchandise, including the new City Scarf Series, you can show you’re NYCFC in many new ways in 2017…
- New 2017 home kit: Purchase yours before gameday here or from the official vendors in and around Yankee Stadium.
- City Scarf Series: The City Scarf series provides fans with the chance to purchase unique limited edition scarves, available on matchdays at Yankee Stadium, while stocks last. Each scarf will have a theme that centers around the club, the city or a special initiative. A select group of scarves from the series will form a special collage when displayed together.
City in the Community (CITC)
This is our City! The New York City Soccer 50 pitch initiative continues to progress and in addition to our CITC programming that serves 4,000 NYC youth free year-round in-school and afterschool programs, we have even more coming your way in 2017…
- Volunteering: We’ve partnered with NYC Service to promote volunteering across New York City. We kicked off the year by hosting a Speed Mentoring Event at our offices where Cityzens volunteered their time along with NYCFC front office staff. Cityzens will have plenty more opportunities to volunteer at events throughout the year. See what happened at the mentoring event and get a flavor of what to expect here.
- New York City Soccer Initiative: Following the launch of NYCSI we’re looking forward to opening the first ten mini-pitches across the five boroughs in 2017.
N-Y-C-F-C! Gameday inside Yankee Stadium will also benefit from some innovations, with a new intro video to pump you up before the team walk out, as well as the NYCFC Smoke Stacks we saw in the MLS Playoffs becoming a permanent feature.
- Smoke Stacks: Seen for the first time at our MLS Playoffs game vs Toronto, the NYCFC Smoke Stacks to be included as part of our goal celebrations at each home match
- New Intro: A new, high energy team introduction video that is narrated by LL Cool J will be introduced on opening day.
- New Matchday Presenter: Introducing Alex Kraemer, our new in-stadium matchday presenter on game day. Learn more about Alex by reading our interview with her here.
- IDNYC Mobile Command Center: On Sunday, the new IDNYC Mobile Command Center opens outside Yankee Stadium for the first time. IDNYC on the Go! reduces obstacles to government issued identification and is an ADA-accessible enrollment facility that will serve New Yorkers where they live and work. As a key partner to the IDNYC program, we're offering discounted tickets to all of our home games for IDNYC cardholders. At our first home game of the season, we are taking the opportunity to celebrate the diversity of our fan base by flying the flags of the 20 largest immigrant communities in NYC. We are hosting the IDNYC Mobile Command Center at Yankee Stadium from 11:30 am to 2:30pm.
- Oversized scarf: There will be an Etihad/NYCFC co-branded oversized scarf during the pre-match game presentation prompting fans raise their scarves just moments before the match.
- Returning for 2017: FREE fan zone next to gate 2 where fans can get their game faces on by getting their hair and/or faces painted as well as a photo op.
- Home Opener: Fans can take a free photo with David Villas’s MVP trophy at the fan zone which is located next to Gate 2.
- Anthem: The national anthem at the Home Opener will be performed by two-time Tony Award Nominee and Brooklyn native, Constantine Maroulis.
City by name, together by nature… There are now more ways than ever to attend games at Yankee Stadium as NYCFC roll out new packages which allow more flexibility than ever before…
- Five-Match Flexi Plan: Can’t make it to every single game? Save on tickets by buying the 5-match flex plan. This plan allows you to pick the 5 best matches you want to attend in the 2017 season and you’ll save money in the process. Talk about win, win! Pick your favorite 5 here.
- Family Four Pack: Attend a match with Friends & Family and receive discounted tickets and concession credit for each seat to be used at Yankee Stadium on Matchday! Learn more about the Family 4 Pack here.
- Group Tickets: If you're looking to attend a game with a group of 10 or more, the group package is for you. It's the perfect outing for your soccer team, company, or simply a group of family and friends. Learn more here.
- Single Match Tickets: Last but not least, single match tickets are the best way to make sure you find the perfect match for your schedule. Plan ahead and purchase tickets to the game you want to see the most! Learn more here.
- My First Match Experience: You’ll never forget your first time! New match attendees will receive a welcome package and a whole host of exclusive offers on merchandise and tickets, as well as the chance to meet the players and an array of other NYCFC prizes.
- Etihad Pitch: The name of the playing surface where New York City FC plays will now be called the ‘Etihad Pitch.’
- Etihad Boarding Lane: As fans enter the Stadium Lobby & Suite Entrance, they will go through the ‘Etihad Boarding Lane’ where there will be branded barricades.
- Etihad First Class Club: Pitch side seating hospitality now has a new name and will be referred to as the ‘Etihad First Class Club,’ which is comprised of the pitch side seats and new pitch side suites. In the Pitchside suites, fans will now be able to take part in the ultimate Pitchside experience on a match by match basis. Groups of 12 or more will be able to enjoy Five-Star dining in the newly renovated Legends Suite before walking through Monument Park, the Yankees bullpen, and onto field where the closest seats in the stadium are waiting. In addition, Pitchside guests will receive in-seat drink service and will also have access to additional complimentary food and beverage.
New season and a lot of new faces! Get to know our new-look NYCFC before the Home Opener…
- 12 new players: NYCFC have had a busy offseason when it comes to recruitment on the playing side, bringing in Ugo Okoli, Sean Johnson, Miguel Camargo, Jonathan Lewis, Kwame Awuah, Alexander Callens, Alex Ring, Yangel Herrera, Maxi Moralez, Rodney Wallace, John Stertzer and Ben Sweat.
- Learn more: Introducing NYCFC’s new boys.
It’s the future of NYCFC and we’re delighted to say that we’re now offering a pathway to the highest levels of the beautiful game for more New Yorkers than ever before…
- Girls Academy: NYCFC announced the launch of a new Girls Soccer Academy at the end of February.
- More Boys Academy Teams: Our Boys Academy will compete at more levels than ever before, with U-12, U-13, U-14-U15 and U-19 teams all taking part in the 2017/18 U.S Soccer Development Academy season.
Youth Camps and Programs
Learn to play the NYCFC way! Our youth programs and summer camps will improve your skills in an engaging, fun and safe environment…
- Camps: NYCFC Summer Soccer Camps offers week long camps (Monday-Friday), to players of multiple abilities seeking to learn all aspects of the game in a fun and positive environment. Conducted by NYCFC Professional Youth Coaches, camps offer instruction in both the technical and tactical elements of the game. All training sessions involve a wide range of soccer-specific skills including: ball mastery, technical development and team play. Full Day and Half Day options are available.
- Clinics: NYCFC Clinics are operated seasonally throughout the region and offer supplementary training opportunities to players of all ages and abilities. Clinics are open registration based and are geared towards individual, team, and position specific development.
- For more information on how to bring an NYCFC Camp to your Club or Community, read more here or please contact email@example.com or call 212-738-5837.
Introducing San Antonio FC…
- San Antonio FC became NYCFC’s new USL affiliate in the offseason. The two organizations will utilize experiences on both sides in regards to marketing, community relations, player development, academy expansion and growth as well as other key areas of sports business. An open door policy will allow coaches to have the opportunity to observe training sessions and matches as well as share soccer and business expertise between the two clubs. Read more here.
Even if we’re on the road, no one should watch NYCFC alone… we’ve partnered up with even more fine establishments in 2017 to make sure that you can watch all of our games with your fellow fans!
- New Pub Partners: St Pats Bar and Grill (Midtown), Scallywags Irish Pub (38th St), Cantina Lobos (Westchester).
- More: Check out our existing pub partners and find your local here. To learn how to become an official NYCFC Pub Partner, please call 855.77.NYCFC (855.776.9232) or email FanServices@nycfc.com.