This Sunday, March 11, NYCFC are finally returning to the Bronx!
It’s been a busy and exciting offseason with a number of changes across all areas of the Club, from new players to revamped ticket packages and a new, groundbreaking broadcast deal.
Here’s a list of everything that’s new for 2018 before our Home Opener this weekend against LA Galaxy…
Whether we’re home or on the road, we don’t want you to miss a single kick of NYCFC action, so we’ve teamed up with TV and radio broadcasters to make sure that we’re live on your screens and airwaves in 2018…
- TV: YES is the exclusive regional TV home of NYCFC and will televise 20 NYCFC matches this season. All of the matches televised by YES will also be streamed live via the FOX Sports GO app to authenticated YES viewers whose operators have streaming deals with YES. 17 of these 20 matches will air live; the remaining three on delay. Read more here.
- Radio: WNYE 91.5 FM, the City of New York’s official radio station, will for the first time broadcast live all NYCFC games during the 2018 season. In addition, soccer journalist and commentator Glenn Crooks will host a weekly talk show on WNYE 91.5 FM called Soccer City, which will uncover fascinating soccer stories from across the five boroughs, while discussing the global sport. Both gameday broadcast and Soccer City will be available to stream on NYCFC.com starting this weekend. Read more on our groundbreaking partnership with WNYE and NYU here.
- Spanish Radio: Stay tuned for news in coming days about plans for Spanish-language radio coverage of NYCFC matches.
Moving in to our fourth season, there is a new ticket trade-in program and referral program for 2018 to create an even better atmosphere…
- Ticket Trade-in Program: To help make sure tickets don’t go unused, Members can now trade-in tickets from matches they cannot attend for additional tickets to future matches. In the new 2018 Ticket Trade-In Program, City Members can now trade-in tickets from up to six matches they can’t attend and will be able to have their entire group seated together. Find out more here.
- Resell your tickets through StubHub: StubHub is now the official fan-to-fan ticket resale marketplace of NYCFC. Find out how to buy or sell your tickets on StubHub here.
- Away Tickets: New for the 2018 season, all City Members, Third Rail Members, and NYC Supporter Club Members are eligible to receive $10 tickets to 2018 matches. Learn more here.
- Improved Cityzens Portal: Our new-look Cityzens Portal has been redesigned and now offers a lot of new features including trivia, polls, fantasy, and photo galleries. It’s now easier than ever to gain access to exclusive rewards! Check it out here.
There are now more ways than ever to attend games at Yankee Stadium as NYCFC roll out new packages which allow more flexibility than ever before…
- City Block Plan: Can’t make it to every single game? Save on tickets by buying the City Block Plan. This plan suits your schedule by grouping together matches on the same days of the week. Choose from Wednesday, Saturday, or Sunday games to adapt to your busy schedule. Learn more here!
- Group Tickets: If you're looking to attend a game with a group of 10 or more, the group package is for you. This year there are new on-field experiences making it the perfect outing for your soccer team, company, or simply a group of family and friends. Learn more here.
- Single Match Tickets: Single match tickets are the best way to make sure you find the perfect match for your schedule. Plan ahead and purchase tickets to the game you want to see the most! Learn more here.
- City Select: NYCFC has revamped its premium seating product offering for the 2018 season which now includes flexible suite packages to provide additional entertaining options. Partial Premium seat packages are now available as well as a new Membership benefit – a discount of 15% on single match suites! Learn more about City Select here.
- Pitchside Seating: Overwhelming demand created a need for 48 additional Pitchside Club seats and an additional 12 person Pitchside suite.
- NYCFC Officially Moves to Mobile Ticketing: Moving into the 2018 season and in an effort to ensure a ticketing experience that is more convenient, safe and secure, PDFs will no longer be available for all fans. Learn more here.
- Stadium Capacity: Standard capacity at Yankee Stadium for the 2018 season will be 27,150.
From the new away kit to a whole array of fresh official merchandise, including the return of the City Scarf Series, you can show you’re NYCFC in many new ways in 2018…
- New 2018 Secondary Jersey: Purchase yours before gameday here or from the official vendors in and around Yankee Stadium.
- City Scarf Series: The City Scarf series is returning for the 2018 season! The series provides fans with the chance to purchase unique limited edition scarves available on matchdays at Yankee Stadium. Each scarf has a theme that centers around the club, the city or a special initiative.
City in the Community (CITC)
In addition to our CITC programming that serves 4,000 NYC youth free year-round in-school and afterschool programs, we have even more coming your way in 2018…
- Soccer Bloc: Following the successful Cityzens Giving campaign, young leaders from the City in the Community Youth Leadership Council will be launching “Soccer Bloc” – a youth led program to create safe spaces for kids across the city with free summer street soccer clinics and festivals. These programs will connect kids and young people from different communities and celebrate the melting pot of cultures for which New York City is famous.
- Soccer City: This year, we’re launching an innovative educational program in partnership with NYU School of Professional Studies that will provide high school youth from City in the Community with an opportunity to gain a deeper understanding of the broadcast industry. We’ll use the power of soccer to provide broadcast experience and skills to talented youth from City in the Community foundation who will be contributing to Soccer City’s weekly broadcast.
- New York City Soccer Initiative: Building off the successful opening of 9 mini-soccer fields as part of the New York City Soccer Initiative we plan to open up an additional 10 pitches this year creating safe and accessible places for youth to play.
Gameday inside Yankee Stadium will also benefit from some innovations, with a new in-stadium host, expanded fan zone, and the return of the NYCFC Smoke Stacks.
- NYCFC Smoke Stacks: A symbol from the streets of the city that never sleeps. Be on the lookout in front of our supporters sections to see our one of a kind smoke stacks set off to signify the start of every match, after every goal scored by the boys and blue and to close out every home victory as only NYC can do.
- In-Stadium Host: Be ready to welcome native New Yorker and new in-stadium host, Chelsea Cabarcas to the Bronx on opening day. Chelsea is a Queens native and has played for the Colombian Woman’s National team. Read more about her here.
- City Beats: Move to the sound of music as you get off of the train or head home for the night. Be sure to look for NYCFC’s own street musicians, City Beats, performing on River Avenue pre and post-match for every NYCFC home fixture.
- Expanded Fan Zone: FREE fan zone will now be located on the MasterPass Deck next to section 238 where fans of all ages can get their hair or faces painted for free, get balloon art or take a special GIF each match. Fan zone will be open from gates until half-time of each home match.
- In-Stadium Music: Listen for a new custom-made mix by Bronx native DJ Mode pre-game of every home match where you can expect to hear a wide selection of music to entertain fans in the most diverse city in the world!
- Tunnel of Honor: One of the most beloved NYCFC traditions that can only happen in our great city returns as active, uniformed men and women of the NYPD and FDNY lead our player procession prior to every NYCFC match.
- AT&T Thank You: From day one, the final 11 on the pitch have signed mini-balls and thrown them out to lucky fans after every home match – win, lose or draw.
- Borough Nights & Giveaways: Introducing new Borough Nights this season! NYCFC will be celebrating all five boroughs and will be giving away borough patches to the first 10,000 fans at select home games. View the full list of promotional nights and giveaways here.
New season and a lot of new faces! Get to know our new-look NYCFC before the Home Opener…
- 10 new players: NYCFC have had a busy offseason when it comes to recruitment on the playing side, bringing in Anton Tinnerholm, Saad Abdul-Salaam, Brad Stuver, Jesus Medina, Cedric Hountondji, Ismael Tajouri-Shradi, Jo Inge Berget,Ebenezer Ofori, Sebastien Ibeagha, and Jeff Caldwell.
- Learn more: Introducing NYCFC’s new boys.
Youth Camps and Programs
Learn to play the NYCFC way! Our youth programs and summer camps will improve your skills in an engaging, fun and safe environment…
- Expanded Camp Locations: We will have 16 weeks of summer camps across Westchester, Nassau, Suffolk County and New York City. For the full schedule, visit NYCFC Summer Camps.
- NYCFC Summer Camp in Partnership with Manchester City: New for 2018, NYCFC Youth Programs will run two 1-week summer camps in partnership with Manchester City FC. These camps will take place in New York City and will coincide with Manchester City preseason tour in New York. Campers will be exposed to curriculum designed by both clubs and learn from nationally and internationally certified coaches.
- Expanded Talent Center Locations: NYCFC will have 7 Talent Centers in operation in 2018. Three will take place in the Spring (Westchester, Nassau & Suffolk County) and four will take place in the Fall (Westchester, Nassau, Suffolk and New York City). NYCFC Youth Programs Talent Centers are designed for committed players looking for supplementary high level training in a competitive playing environment. It is an 8 week program (per season) & players will only be accepted through a tryout process. Learn more about NYCFC Talent Centers here.
- Talent Center Cup: Each Spring and Fall season, Talent Center players will compete in the NYCFC Talent Center Cup. This day of competition will have each NYCFC Talent Center location compete against one another to determine which location will come out as the Season Champion.
Our Digital team will be across every area of the club in 2018, bringing you behind-the-scenes access to the squad and a whole host of exciting new written, photographic and video features, showcasing the best of NYCFC on and off the field.
- Video: This year we’re introducing a new “On the Line” series to introduce all the stakes before a match, plus returning favorites like Inside Training and Behind the Scenes. We’ve got some more great video strands coming your way in 2018 on YouTube and right here on NYCFC.com.
- Stories: We’ve got more previews and analysis on the website than ever before, keeping you up to speed with all of the team and club news throughout every match week.
- Social Media: Get all the latest news first across our social media channels – find out where we are and what you can expect to see right here.
- It’s the future of NYCFC and we’re delighted to say that we’re now offering a pathway to the highest levels of the beautiful game for more New Yorkers than ever before…Learn more about the Boys and Girls Academy system right here, including details on how to audition to join.
Even if we’re on the road, no one should watch NYCFC alone… we’ve partnered up with even more bars in 2018 to make sure that you can watch all of our games with your fellow fans!
- New Pub Partners: Johnny Utah’s (Connecticut), Reichenbach Hall (Midtown), Calico (Midtown), Heritage Bar and Restaurant (Westchester).
- More: Check out our existing pub partners and find your local here. To learn how to become an official NYCFC Pub Partner, please call 855.77.NYCFC (855.776.9232) or email FanServices@nycfc.com.
So, there you have it, plenty of reasons to be excited for the 17 home games ahead – breathe in that new season smell and we’ll see you on the bleachers this coming Sunday.
Come on, New York!