NYCFC will be traveling to the west coast this Saturday to take on LA Galaxy for the first and only time this season.
Having played them only twice in club history, the series between the two is tied at one win apiece.
Let's find out what's been going on with the Galaxy since our last match last year:
- The Galaxy have gone winless in their last eight home games, their longest streak since 2010, and only three short of tying the longest home winless in MLS since 2010, 11 from Colorado.
- Since beating cross town rival New York Red Bulls at Red Bull Arena, NYCFC has failed to win on the road conceding seven goals over two games.
- David Villa’s hat trick against the Red Bulls was his first in an NYCFC uniform, and the ninth that any MLS player has scored in the 2017 regular season.
- Maxi Moralez has created 52 chances so far this year, already the third most chances created by an NYCFC player in a single season with 11 games left to go in the season. The record is Andrea Pirlo’s 64 from last season (though David Villa has 54 chances created so far this season).
- The Galaxy have scored 19 left footed goals this year, tied for the most of any team in MLS. Only three other teams have scored 10 or more left footed goals this season (Atlanta-19, NYCFC-17, San Jose-10).
- In the 11 games that Jermaine Jones has started for the Galaxy this year, they average 0.8 points per game. In the 11 games that he has not started, that number increases to 1.3 points per game.
- NYCFC leads MLS with 129 shots on target so far this season. The Galaxy have the seventh fewest shots on target of any team in the league with 92.
- Jack Harrison has completed 42 dribbles so far this season, tied for the fourth most of any player in MLS.
The Last Time
LA Galaxy visited Yankee Stadium for the first time last year and lost 1-0 thanks to a lone goal in the sixth minute by Captain David Villa.
The Last Game
LA Galaxy fell on the road to the Portland Timbers after a 3-1 loss. Portland and LA exchanged goals in the opening six minutes but Portland then responded with two strikes to give the hosts the win.
The LA Galaxy have struggled at home this year, and average the lowest points per home game in the league by a wide margin. They are currently ninth in the Western Conference.
The series between LA Galaxy and NYCFC is tied at one win each. In 2015, NYCFC visited LA and lost 5-1, but in 2016, NYCFC got their victory at home winning 1-0 against the Galaxy.