NYCFC will be in Colorado this weekend to play the Rapids for the third time in Regular Season play.
Having only played them twice in club history, Colorado has yet to beat NYCFC (1L-1D) and will be looking to avenge a 5-1 loss in Yankee Stadium last year.
Let's find out what's been going on with the Rapids since our last match last year:
- Colorado’s 1-0 win in Houston last weekend snapped a nine-game regular season winless run (6L-3D). The Rapids have not won a home game since July 1, a 3-1 win against the Dynamo (2L-1D since).
- NYCFC have won five of their last 11 MLS road games (4L-2D), and have outscored their opponents 18-16 on that run. City have failed to score only once in those 11 games.
- Dom Badji’s injury time winner against Houston last weekend was the Rapids’ eighth goal in the last 15 minutes of matches this season. They have scored 32% of their total goals in the last 15 minutes of matches, the thirdhighest percentage of any team in the league.
- Colorado have conceded nine goals from outside the box this year, tied with Montreal and New England for the most in the league. NYCFC have scored 90% of their goals (44 of 49) from inside the box this year.
- Frederic Brillant won nine duels against Sporting Kansas City last Wednesday with a 100% duel success rate, just the second time an NYCFC player has won at least six duels in a game with a 100% success rate this season(Maxime Chanot was 7/7 in duels against Philadelphia on April 14th).
- Michael Azira has 179 interceptions in regular season action since the start of the 2016 season, the second most of any player in the league.
- Axel Sjöberg averages 3.5 headed clearances per 90 minutes played in his MLS regular season career. This is tied for the fifth-highest average of any player in the league who has started at least 30 games since the start of the 2015 regular season.
The Last Time
NYCFC beat Colorado Rapids 5-1 last year, a 5 goal deficit that included the club's first-ever hat trick scored by Frank Lampard.
The Last Game
The Rapids won 1-0 against Houston Dynamo last weekend, snapping a nine-game regular season winless run (6L-3D).