With three road games this week, NYCFC continue their trip but this time stopping in Utah for a showdown against Real Salt Lake.
Let's find out some of the key numbers, find out what's changed at Real Salt Lake since our last visit, and discover how they've been performing so far in 2017...
- This will be the third meeting between the two sides. Real won the first two meetings by a combined score of 5-2, which includes a 2-0 win in Utah on May 23, 2015.
- Real Salt Lake has won just one of their last nine home games (4L-4D). They have been outscored 12-8 across those nine matches, which includes being shut out five times.
- New York City FC is unbeaten in their last three away contests, the third time in franchise history that they have had a streak of at least three road games without a loss. Last season, the club had a five-game road unbeaten streak that lasted from May 8 to July 6, 2016.
- NYCFC has scored 16 goals from open play this season. Only Atlanta United (19) has scored more.
- In two games against RSL so far, NYCFC have yet to score a first half goal. This year, only seven of 18 NYCFC goals (39%) have come in the first halves of games. Real Salt Lake have conceded 11 first half goals in 2017, the second most of any MLS team.
- RSL have conceded 13 goals across their last four MLS regular season games. This is the most they have conceded across any four-game stretch since August 10 through August 31, 2005.
The Last Time
Jack Harrison scored his first MLS goal and David Villa struck for his league-leading 10th goal at the time, but New York City FC fell to Real Salt Lake 3-2 in June 2016.
The Last Game
Real Salt Lake conceded four goals in the first 41 minutes against New England Revolution, extending the club's active losing streak to four games.
Real Salt Lake are 2W-7L-2D this season so far