The culmination of the inaugural MLS Next Pro regular season is upon us.
Matt Pilkington's side take on Rochester New York FC at Monroe Community College on Sunday at 3:00 PM EST knowing a place in the postseason is within reach.
NYCFC II currently sit below the playoff line, but an extension to their season remains possible for the Boys in Blue, with a number of different result combinations dictating their fate.
Here are the six possibilities that see NYCFC II clinch a spot in the postseason.
- If we Win and Philly Union + Inter Miami lose.
- If we win and inter Miami loses and Philly ties (but does not claim an extra point on penalties)
- If we win and Inter Miami ties + Philly loses
- If we win and Inter Miami wins and Philly + Toronto lose
- If we tie but claim an extra point and Philly and Inter Miami II lose
- If we win and Toronto loses + Inter Miami loses we go through