New York City FC is proud to host the Club’s fourth annual Military Appreciation Night on Sunday, July 7 at Yankee Stadium (CLICK HERE for tickets to the match) alongside their founding partners at Your Local Ford Stores.
During the match, Ford and NYCFC will be surprising and paying tribute to a local military family. The surprise will be revealed on YES Network during their on-air broadcast of NYCFC’s July 20 match. The family will also be honored as the Ford Hero of the Match before kickoff.
For the first time, NYCFC will be distributing thank you postcards to be filled out by fans. Then, NYCFC will send the fans’ messages to our troops on military bases overseas.
NYCFC is also teaming up with Vet Tix and their Tickets for Troops program to provide more than 500 free tickets to all branches of currently-serving military and veterans to strengthen family bonds, build life-long memories and encourage service members and veterans to stay engaged with their local communities. Vet Tix recipients will also have the opportunity to participate in NYCFC’s on-field flag ceremony. For information on how you or your company can participate in NYCFC’s Tickets for Troops program and be recognized on the videoboard at the match, please call 855-77-NYCFC (press 1 for Group Sales) or email GroupSales@nycfc.com.
Fans will also be able to enjoy and take part in the celebration with the following in-Stadium elements:
- The first 8,000 fans to enter the Stadium will receive camo drawstring bags courtesy of Ford.
- The on-field presentation will feature an oversized American flag held by active military, local ROTC, Vet Tix recipients, as well as active military and veterans from NYCFC.
- NYCFC’s starting XI flags will be held by active military and/or veterans who are City Members.
- NYCFC will showcase camo-patterned corner flags and procession flags as well as have camo wrapping on the smokestacks in front of the supporters’ section.
- Alex Ring will wear a camo Captain’s armband and First Team players will wear military warmup jerseys.
- NYCFC’s special camo memorabilia, including player warmup tops, Captain’s armband, corner flag, and procession flag, will be donated to City in the Community. A portion will also be donated to NYCFC supporters and Ford to be distributed to servicemen, women, and veterans.
- 350 Military Appreciation shirts will be distributed to staff and on-field participants.
- Active military and veterans will be included in the Tunnel of Honor ceremony and the Honor Guard will be provided by the United States Navy.
- Ford will provide boxed lunches to Color Guard participants as another way to thank them for their service.
- The National Anthem will be performed by Master Sergeant, Mandi Harper from the United States Air Force Band.
- A member of the military will perform the ceremonial coin toss and set off the smokestacks.
- Camo warmup tops will be available for purchase in the team store. July 4 themed scarves will be on sale during the July 3rd match, with any leftover inventory available on July 7, as well.
NYCFC will also host representatives from PepsiCo, Beekman Soccer, and Children of Fallen Patriots Foundation at the match as part of the Rolling Remembrance flag relay in support of our past and present U.S. military. The special Rolling Remembrance U.S. flag was originally flown on a U.S. Army Combat mission in Afghanistan and has now made a 9,000-mile journey across the country. The journey began in April when PepsiCo route drivers who served in the U.S. military embarked on a 50-leg relay to transport the flag from Washington State to Yankee Stadium. Rolling Remembrance was created in honor of those who lost their lives serving in the U.S. military and to raise awareness for Children of Fallen Patriots Foundation, an organization that provides children who have lost a parent in the line of duty with resources to help them receive a college education.
Later this year, the NYCFC First Team squad will pay a visit to West Point to experience firsthand the dedication of our nation’s military and veterans.
Brad Sims, CEO of NYCFC, said:
“We want to support our troops and honor their service by providing positive family and life experiences at all of our NYCFC games. Our Fourth Annual Military Appreciation Night is a special night to pay tribute to those who have served our country, but these values are something we carry with us throughout the year. Our players will be visiting the troops at West Point this year to connect with our local heroes.”