New York City FC will be without three players for the final game of the MLS Regular Season.
A win will put the Boys in Blue straight through to the Eastern Conference semifinals.
Columbus will be without Gaston Sauro, Ben Swanson and Alex Crognale for their trip to Citi Field, while Waylon Francis is a doubt with a thigh strain, according to MLSSoccer.com.
OUT: Miguel Camargo, Maxime Chanot
INT'L DUTY: James Sands
OUT: D - Gaston Sauro
OUT: M - Ben Swanson
OUT: D - Alex Crognale
QUESTIONABLE: D - Waylon Francis (left thigh strain)
- NYCFC have won two straight games against Crew SC after going winless in their first four MLS matches against Columbus (2L-2D). There has been an average of 4.7 goals scored in the six league games between the two sides.
- City have only won once in their last six league matches (3D-2L) and have scored only five goals in the six matches, never scoring more than a single goal in a game along the run.
- Crew SC are unbeaten in nine consecutive MLS games (6W-3D), and average 1.9 goals per game across the nine games.
- Alexander Ring leads MLS with 113 tackles this year. He is one of just three players with more than 100 tackles in the 2017 regular season.
- Justin Meram leads MLS in dribbles attempted (181) and dribbles completed (78) this season.
- Columbus has conceded only one goal from outside the box this season, the fewest of any team in the league.
- NYCFC have conceded six goals in the last 15 minutes of matches this season, tied for the fewest in the league. Columbus have scored eight goals in the last 15 minutes of games this year, tied for the fourth fewest in the league.
- City’s loss last weekend was just the second time they’ve lost with Yangel Herrera in the lineup, in 13 games (9W-2D). They average 2.2 points per game when he starts and 1.4 when he does not (7W-7L-6D).
- Alexander Callens is the only field player in the league who has played every minute so far this year.
- Federico Higuain now has assists in three consecutive games and seven in his last six league appearances.