One will be missing when NYCFC looks to right the ship at home vs. FC Dallas.
Despite suffering the first loss of the season in Portland last weekend, the Boys in Blue did not suffer any additional injuries in the process, and Patrick Vieira will have a very strong side at his disposal in the Bronx come Sunday.
David Villa was back captaining the side last week, and Alexander Ring is back to full speed after his short time out a month ago.
It’s only Ismael Tajouri-Shradi that remains out with a hamstring strain.
OUT: Ismael Tajouri-Shradi
FC Dallas (As of April 27 via MLS)
OUT: M - Brandon Servania (compartment syndrome)
OUT: F - Jesus Ferreira (core muscle repair surgery 3/20, out 4-5 weeks)
OUT: M - Paxton Pomykal (right meniscus surgery 4/3, out 4-6 weeks) - READ
OUT: D - Maynor Figueroa (right knee strain)
QUESTIONABLE: M - Kellyn Acosta (sports hernia surgery 2/22, out 6-8 weeks)
QUESTIONABLE: GK - Jesse Gonzalez (finger strain)
- New York City FC is looking for their first victory against FC Dallas. The Toros are 1W-2D in their first three games against the Cityzens.
- NYCFC saw their eight-game unbeaten run in league play snapped last weekend in Portland. They are now looking to avoid losing consecutive MLS matches for the first time in more than two years – the last time it happened was April 16-23, 2016.
- FC Dallas is unbeaten in their last seven league games, outscoring foes 14-4. They have kept three clean sheets during their streak, as many as they had in their previous 21 matches.
- The Cityzens’ loss last weekend snapped a seven-game unbeaten run to start the season. The club has not lost consecutive league games since a three-game losing streak to end the 2015 season (a span of 76 games).
- New York City FC is one of two active MLS clubs that FC Dallas manager Óscar Pareja has yet to lose against, along with Orlando City. Pareja is 1W-2D in three prior games against them.
- Maxime Chanot has 28 headed clearances this season, the most of any player. Additionally, his 41 total clearances this season are the fifth most in the league.
- Reggie Cannon has won 69.0% of his duels this season. Among players with at least 50 duels, only New York City’s Chanot has a higher percentage (71.2%).
- FC Dallas is one of just two MLS clubs that David Villa has mot tallied a goal or assist against (Colorado Rapids).
- Maxi Urruti has tallied three goals+assists in two prior games against NYCFC, tied for his second-highest goals+assists total against any MLS club.
- Yangel Herrera has won 86 duels this season, one with three players with 70+ duels won and nine more than any other player.