It's almost that time again, ladies and gentlemen! New York City FC heads to New Jersey once more this Friday to take on the Red Bulls.
Here are nine reasons that this is a match you just can't miss.
- It's the Hudson River Derby! The last edition featured a thrilling 3-2 comeback victory for NYCFC fueled by David Villa's first MLS hat-trick. There's no reason it shouldn't be just as electric this time around.
- It's the final Hudson River Derby of the season! Barring a meeting in the MLS Cup playoffs, this Friday marks the last time these two rivals will face off until 2018. Get your fix while you can!
- David Villa is right on the cusp of 20 goals this season. With nine matches left in the season, Villa has a chance to extend his lead atop the MLS Golden Boot standings, and he's already ahead by three goals!
- If New York City get a win, they'll sweep the Hudson River Derby season series. That's a pretty big deal.
- With a win, NYCFC will equal their win total from last season (15) with eight games still to play.
- Rookie sensation Jonathan Lewis, who has scored in his last two appearances for Patrick Vieira's side, could certainly feature in the Derby this Friday. Could he make it three goals in three games?
- In the previous two editions of the Derby this season, NYCFC and the Red Bulls have combined for seven goals. That's a lot of action.
- David Villa has scored five goals in three games during the month of August. It's safe to say he's on a hot streak, and three of those goals were against the Red Bulls. He could be primed to create even more fireworks this Friday.
- Last time City took to Red Bull Arena, Jack Harrison scored a stunner and Ben Sweat notched his first-ever MLS goal with a sweet, looping header. Given the recent history of big things happening for the first time in the Derby, there might be one or two more surprises in store on Friday...