1. This is the first and only time NYCFC will play against Real Salt Lake this season.
2. This will be the third meeting between the two sides. Real won the first two meetings by a combined score of 5-2.
3. Real Salt Lake is struggling in 2017. They are averaging their lowest goals and shots on target per game as well as their highest goals conceded and shots on target faced per game since the start of 2010.
4. New York City FC is unbeaten in their last three away contests and is looking to continue their road streak.
5. Real Salt Lake has won just one of their last nine home games (4L-4D).
6. NYCFC has scored 16 goals from open play this season. Only Atlanta United (19) has scored more.
7. RSL have conceded 13 goals across their last four MLS regular season games.
8. David Villa is three goals away from scoring 50 MLS goals.
9. Tommy McNamara scored his second goal in his last four MLS appearances last weekend and now has 12 MLS goals.