NYCFC will be traveling to Canada this Wednesday to take on the Montreal Impact at 7:30pm ET. Here are 9 reasons to watch...
- New York City FC have qualified for the MLS Playoffs for the second year in a row! NYCFC will now battle to secure the bye to the Eastern Conference semifinals in the final four games of the campaign.
- Montreal are now in seventh place in the Eastern Conference standings while NYCFC are still in second.
- NYCFC are just two points away from matching last year's Regular Season tally of 54.
- David Villa is now second in the Golden Boot race, just one goal away from matching Diego Valeri's 20 goals.
- NYCFC played Montreal Impact earlier in the year at home where we drew 1-1, so they will be looking to win this series.
- Montreal Impact snapped Toronto FC's long unbeaten run last week, meaning they will be full of confidence Wednesday night...
- ...but NYCFC will be determined to put their three-game winless streak behind them.
- Newcomer Andraz Struna made his first start on Saturday against Houston Dynamo and racked up his first assist setting up Maxi Moralez's opener. There's a lot more to come from him...
- At our last match, Ronald Matarrita was named in the 18 for the first time since June. He'll be hoping to make his return this week.