Last time NYCFC and Colorado faced off, it ended 5-1 in favor of the home team at Yankee Stadium.
QUIZ: NYCFC at Colorado Rapids
Here's nine reasons to catch the action this time around:
- You read that, right? 5-1! This is definitely one to keep an eye on.
- This time around, NYCFC should hopefully have David Villa to call upon! Missing last year against the Rapids, Villa is hoping to win his race to be fit for this one.
- Five goals is tied for the most NYCFC has ever scored in a match. With Villa potentially back in the lineup against a Rapids, there might be just as many fireworks this time around.
- City travels to Denver tied for the second-best away record in the league. With a win, they can bring their away victory total to six, which would put them joint-top of the league with Toronto.
- Villa is rated the top MLS player in EA SPORTS FIFA 18. Might as well watch and see for yourself why he earned that honor irl.
- With a win, NYCFC will have as many road wins as Colorado has home wins...
- ... City will also surpass their best-ever season win total (15 in 2016) with a victory this weekend! And...
- ... They'll pull within one point of their best-ever point total (54 in 2016), putting more distance between themselves and the third-placed Chicago Fire.
- Frank Lampard scored NYCFC's first-ever hat-trick last time out. It was a momentous occasion, and there could be even more history this Saturday.