The New York City FC Affiliate Development League is a central part of our talent development program. It was created with the philosophy of player development, respect and enjoyment.
The New York City FC Affiliate Development League has a strong focus on training and technical skills. The development pathway starts by promoting camaraderie between players and clubs with less focus on winning and more emphasis on performance.
The league was established to support the development of 8-, 9-, 10-, and 11-year-old players who have been identified from our 11 Youth Affiliate Member Clubs. Through the curriculum provided by New York City FC, along with the New York City FC's mission, guidelines and policies, the hope is to foster enjoyable and sustainable player development.
- The Affiliate Development League was created to help promote and reinforce the development of New York City FC Youth Affiliate Member Clubs and soccer in New York City.
- For team officials such as coaches, this league is designed to provide age-appropriate training, knowledge and structure to develop coaches and officials who can maximize player performance while maintaining a sustainable, enjoyable atmosphere for all those involved.
- In addition to the help and support New York City FC provides to our Youth Affiliate Member Clubs, New York City FC works with other organizations, associations and leagues in order to enhance soccer for the betterment of players across the greater Metropolitan region.
- The league has NO standings and NO points tables
- The league caters only to teams from our 11 Youth Affiliate Member Clubs
- For 2015/16 season, the age groups are:
- 8-year-olds (born 2008)
- 9-year-olds (born 2007)
- 10-year-olds (born 2006)
- 11-year-olds (born 2005)
- Only two (2) teams in each age group per club for the 2007, 2006, 2005 age divisions. Only one (1) team for the 2008 division:
- Maximum of seven (7) teams per club
- Maximum of 22 teams in each age group
- A team is comprised of 11 members for players born in 2008, 2007, and 2006 and 13 members for those born in 2005
- Maximum of 11 players per 2008 age group, 22 players per the 2007 and 2006 age groups, and 26 players per the 2005 age group per club.
- Maximum of 121-286 players per age group in the league
|Field size||60 yards x 40 yards||60 yards x 40 yards||80 yards x 50 yards|
|Playing time||Four (4) periods:
15min, 15min, 15min, 15min
|Four (4) periods:
20min, 15min, 20min, 15min
|Four (4) periods:
20min, 20min, 20min, 15min
|Format||7 vs 7||7 vs 7||9 vs 9|
- A minimum of two (2) training sessions per week
- A maximum of one (1) game per weekend
- Games are played on either Saturday or Sunday
- Games will be played within a maximum 1.5 hour driving distance
- There are 20 matches per team per season
- Two (2) Invitational Weekends (two games each weekend) held in Fall and Spring
- Indoor winter season
- Players are not permitted to play or train in other competitions
- Players will be expected to attend all training sessions and matches
- Players and parents/spectators are required to adhere to a Code of Conduct
For questions regarding the New York City FC Affiliate Development League, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.